Gabriella Wheeler is a Senior Associate in the Medical Malpractice Defense Practice at Weathington, LLC.
Gabriella’s legal practice primarily focuses on the defense of physicians, hospitals, and health care providers. Gabriella has extensive experience in these complex cases, including drafting pleadings and motions, overseeing written discovery, taking and defending depositions of parties, experts, and witnesses, evaluating case strengths, weaknesses and value, and prepping cases for trial. Gabriella also represents physicians in State Medical Board actions.
Gabriella began her legal career in 2012 working for the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Public Health Law Program in Emergency Preparedness and Health Policy. As a Senior Legal Analyst, she worked to identify: where current public health legislation exists; may require strengthening; and developed legislative strategies to ensure compliance. During her tenure, she was selected to give a CDC TedMed Talk and authored guidance on responding to radiological emergencies.
Gabriella received her Juris Doctorate from Georgia State College of Law and is a member of the Georgia Bar Association. Gabriella earned her undergraduate degree in Public Relations from the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia.
- General Liability Defense
- Medical Malpractice Defense
Bar & court admissions
- Georgia, 2012
- Georgia Supreme Court, 2012
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2012
- Middle District of Georgia, 2017
- Georgia State College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2012
- University of Georgia, Public Relations, 2009
- Georgia State Bar, member
- Atlanta Bar Association, member
- Atlanta Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, member
- Speaker, National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) Preparedness Summit. “Public Health, Schools, and Leveraging the Law: Practical and Legal Considerations for Health Departments to Engage with Schools for Emergency Preparedness” referencing her published work.
- Junior League of Atlanta, member