Sam Weaver is an Associate Attorney in the Medical Malpractice Defense Practice at Weathington, LLC.
A second generation attorney, Sam focuses his practice on providing adept and swift legal defense for physicians, hospitals, and healthcare providers in medical malpractice suits. In addition to defending medical malpractice clients, Sam has a growing plaintiff’s practice where he represents individuals who have suffered serious personal injury as the result of motor vehicle collisions, trucking accidents, and dangerous premises. As a Spanish speaker, Sam frequently serves the Latino population in his plaintiff’s practice.
Sam graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Georgia School of Law and is a member of the Order of the Coif. While in law school, Sam received CALI awards in Contracts and Property, participated in the UGA Business Law practicum, interned at the Northeastern Judicial Circuit Public Defender’s Office, served as a research assistant for Professors Christian Turner and David Shipley, and was a teaching assistant for Dean Usha Rodrigues and Professor Dan Coenen.
Sam is a proud double dawg, receiving his bachelor of arts in Spanish and graduating Summa Cum Laude from the University of Georgia as well. Prior to beginning law school, he moved to Trujillo, Peru, where he taught Spanish at the Universidad Cesar Vallejo.
Sam now lives in Midtown with his wife Amanda, and they enjoy spending time in Piedmont Park and cheering on the UGA Bulldogs.
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- General Liability
Bar & court admissions
- Georgia, 2017
- Georgia Supreme Court, 2017
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2017
- University of Georgia, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2017
- University of Georgia, B.A. Spanish, Summa Cum Laude, 2013
- American Bar Association, member
- Atlanta Bar Association, member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, member
- National High School Mock Trial Competition, volunteer judge
- Thumbs Up, volunteer
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes, volunteer
- Juris Service, member
- Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Oxford University Press Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Volume 40, Issue 6, “Commentary on: Malpractice Litigation in Plastic Surgery: Can We Identify Patterns?“, Author (June 2020)
- State Bar of Georgia, Fundamentals of Healthcare Law CLE “Medical Malpractice Defense Perspective”, Speaker (February, 2020)