Dr. Riepe joined Weathington, LLC in 2006 and brought with him a unique advantage in this area of practice, an extensive knowledge regarding the practice of medicine. This advantage is potentiated by Dr. Riepe’s continuing participation as an active part time practicing medical professional. Dr. Riepe has personal knowledge of both the academic and private practice of medicine. He remains a part time Professor of Medicine at Emory University School of Medicine.Dr. Riepe’s legal practice involves predominantly medical malpractice defense litigation and State Composite Medical Board investigations. In addition, Dr. Riepe also performs independent review of medical records for other defense attorneys and insurers in the field of his expertise, gastroenterology.
Dr. Riepe began practicing gastroenterology in 1978, and he is Board Certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. In 2005, Dr. Riepe was awarded the prestigious Master Endoscopist Award by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE). His broad medical knowledge base makes him distinctively capable of evaluating medical malpractice claims and theories. His medical communication skills facilitate exchange, insight, compassion and trust with Clients and experts. Dr. Riepe has an extensive network foundation with physicians in Georgia and throughout the United States.
Dr. Riepe lives in Sandy Springs with his wife.
- Medical Malpractice defense
- Medical Board Actions
Bar & court admissions
- Georgia, 2006
- M.D., Emory University School of Medicine, Summa Cum Laude, 1974
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2005
- State Bar of Georgia, member
- American Bar Association, member
- American Gastroenterological Association, member
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, member
- 2016 Southeastern Medical Legal Symposium, speaker
- Super Lawyers®, Georgia Super Lawyer, Professional Medical Malpractice Attorney (2006– present)
- Master Endoscopist Award, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2005)