Erin Coia is a Senior Associate in the Medical Malpractice Defense Practice at Weathington, LLC.
Erin’s practice focuses on effectively defending physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals and providers in medical malpractice cases. She also has experience in defending long-term care facilities and general liability cases, and previously clerked for a federal magistrate judge in the Southern District of Georgia. Erin is experienced in handling discovery, securing and preparing experts for deposition, drafting complex legal motions, and preparing cases for trial.
Erin obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law, graduating cum laude, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif, Order of the Wig and Robe, and the Associate Editor-in-Chief of the South Carolina Law Review. Prior to law school, she graduated from Furman University magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, where she was a Founding Member and Publicity Chair for the school’s chapter of Relay for Life and a member of the Riley Institute Advance Team, bringing notable speakers to campus.
In her free time, Erin enjoys spending time with her husband and three daughters, traveling, reading, and taking Peloton classes.
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- General Liability Defense
Bar & court admissions
- Georgia Superior and State Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- South Carolina (since 2008, state and federal)
- Furman University, B.A. in Political Science, magna cum laude
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., cum laude