Heather McGrotty is a Partner in the Medical Malpractice Defense Practice at Weathington, LLC.
Heather has been defending doctors and hospitals in actions alleging medical malpractice and wrongful death almost her entire career. With over 25 years of litigation experience, she has successfully tried to a defense verdict numerous cases as both lead counsel and while sitting second chair. Heather has considerable experience defending a wide range of medical specialties, including emergency medicine, orthopedic surgery, hospital-based medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, and pulmonology/critical care medicine, to name a few. In addition to an active litigation practice, she frequently represents physicians before the Georgia Composite Medical Board.
Heather is also a regular speaker at continuing medical education classes for physicians, allied professionals, and nurses. She has achieved an AV rating from her peers through Martindale-Hubbell.
Heather lives with her husband, Kyle, and her two teenage children and is an active member of Peachtree Road United Methodist Church.
- Medical Malpractice Defense
Bar & court admissions
- Georgia, 1994
- University of Louisville, J.D. 1994
- University of Kentucky, B.S., 1991
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Rating
- Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyer Award, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants (2022, 2023 and 2024)
- Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyer Award, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants (2023)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Peachtree Road United Methodist Church