Henry Green is Of Counsel in the Medical Malpractice Defense Practice at Weathington, LLC.
Henry’s record of accomplishment speaks for itself. He has handled hundreds of cases for physicians and hospitals, winning approximately 90% of the 70 to 80 that have gone to trial. Henry has argued and litigated over 50 cases before the Georgia Court of Appeals, Georgia Supreme Court, and the 11th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals. In addition, he represents doctors before the Georgia Composite Board of Medical Examiners, as well as in disputes with insurance carriers or hospital medical staff. Over the years, Henry has presented lectures and mock trials medical seminars and meetings of hospitals, nursing and insurance groups. He routinely counsels clients with regard to risk management issues and concerns.
Henry earned a degree in history and graduated with honors in 1973 from the University of Tennessee. He earned three letters in varsity swimming and was an NCAA All-American in 1971 and 1973. After working for two years, he entered the University of Georgia School of Law where he served as president of his third-year class. After graduation, Henry practiced with an Athens firm for three years and moved his practice to Atlanta in 1981. In 1984, he became a partner in his own firm and served in this capacity for several firms over the next 30 years.
In 2017, Henry joined Weathington, LLC.
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- General Civil Defense
- Personal Injury Defense
- Property and Casualty Work
Bar & court admissions
- Georgia Superior/State Courts of GA, 1978
- Court of Appeals of GA , 1981
- Supreme Court of GA , J.D., 1981
- Southern District Court of GA , 1981
- Northern District Court of GA, 1982
- University of Georgia, J.D., 1978
- University of Tennessee, BS History, With honors, 1973
- Martindale Hubbell®, Preeminent AV Rated, (1998-current)
- Best Lawyers® Best Lawyers in America, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- State Bar of Georgia, member
- Cobb Bar Association, member
- Defense Research Institute, member
- Georgia Hospital Association, member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, member